Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Yes, we can cancan!

    
This is part of the series Hit Me With Your Best Shot at The Film Experience.

The first time I saw Moulin Rouge, I did not like it.  But on repeat viewings, boy was I blown away.  Give me pretty, give me excess and I am content.

My favorite shot is actually the entire movie (few movies are so compelling visually as this one).  It is so full of images, colors, beauty, costumes, with excellent visuals and amazing editing that complement the whole movie.

Due to the fact that I have to choose a shot, I think that Satine and her beauty (at the beginning with her naivete as to become an actress and later on with the knowledge of her demise) fully summarize the messages of Moulin Rouge.  Perfect complements for her character and its development throughout the movie.

Spectacular!


Spectacular!
Freedom, Beauty, Truth and Love... come what may.
        

1 comment:

NATHANIEL R said...

oooh. we sorta chose the same shot.

and MR! is the peak of Nicole's famed beauty.